PDA

View Full Version : Fargo the television show starring Bilbo Baggins

The Amazing Lee
04-03-2014, 10:01 PM
This actually looks really good. I was skeptical at first because it's trying to cash in on the success of a great film but with the comedic timing of Martin Freeman and a quirky cast and a focus on black comedy, it looks like it might turn out to be a great little series. There is a clip of the first 7 minutes of the show online and the only negative thing I got from it was perhaps Martin Freeman's American accent wasn't as strong as it could be but it really isn't that bad.

Check it out here:

http://www.slashfilm.com/fx-fargo-seven-minutes/

Mee
04-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Did anybody watch this? Worth checking out?

The Amazing Lee
04-16-2014, 02:20 PM
It's getting good reviews. I will definitely be seeking this out. :)

tiny white penis
04-16-2014, 03:10 PM
It's pretty good. Some pacing issues (I think it goes by way too fast) but the scenes with Freeman and Thorton together are gold.

It's obviously not going to be as good as the movie or its other television influences and so they have a high road to climb to reach those expectations, but it is a fun series so far.

EML
04-16-2014, 06:10 PM
I've read that it gets a lot better after ep 1

tiny white penis
04-30-2014, 03:13 AM
This show is aces.

We should be talking about it instead of Gang of Rape and Mee's shitty Turn series.

I'm disappointed in all of you.

EML
04-30-2014, 03:25 AM
i like this show

EML
04-30-2014, 03:25 AM
*ten-part mini series

Mee
04-30-2014, 03:58 AM
I gave tonight's episode a shot and got into it. :up:

Jake
05-06-2014, 02:34 AM
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/05/is-fxs-fargo-a-sequel-not-a-remake/

tiny white penis
05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
I thought it was already obvious that it was a follow-up and not a remake. The story is completely different.

Also I'm fairly certain the super market king got his money from the suitcase full of money from the movie

tiny white penis
05-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Holy Shit.

tiny white penis
06-13-2014, 02:26 AM
Lester is the biggest prick in a tv series that I've ever seen. Props to Martin Freeman for playing such a convincing sniveling douchebag especially when everyone associates him with happier characters like Bilbo and Watson. I really really hope he gets gutted in the finale next week.

ThePoler
06-26-2015, 07:36 AM
Finally got around to watching this. Holy shit, this was amazing. :up:

I was nitpicky about a few things (Oliver Platt's story seemed completely like filler, why would Colin Hanks enter his home when he could have told his wife to send back up?, etc) but otherwise, really awesome show. I was sad Key and Peele died, but whatever.

I think Freeman has climbed my list of favorite actors now. He's super solid and it was nice to see him transition from playing his normal meek and awkward self to such a fucking douche and coward. Great stuff. Bob Odenkirk is super underrated by the way. I'm excited for season two.

ben
07-21-2015, 08:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=83&v=dFVNi8gUEy4

hyyyyyppppppppppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ThePoler
07-21-2015, 09:16 PM
God, I hope this is good. I don't think my heart could handle it if sucks after Better Call Saul and True Detective season two being super disappointing.

EML
07-21-2015, 09:52 PM
God, I hope this is good. I don't think my heart could handle it if sucks after Better Call Saul and True Detective season two being super disappointing.

are you somehow implying that Better Call Saul sucked? :huh:

ThePoler
07-22-2015, 04:43 AM
I'm probably in the minority here, but Better Call Saul was boring and wasn't particularly good. Great acting, beautiful cinematography, it has a lot of style and is directed well, but Saul nor Mike are interesting enough to carry the entire series. Saul works better as a side character with no origin, why does he need one? Why can't I just laugh at his comment about seducing a woman by telling her he was Kevin Costner instead of showing that happen? Why do I need to be shown Mike's love for his granddaughter when it worked just as fine being implied in Breaking Bad? Plus, the show dragged the shit out of a lot of sequences. When he was doing the bingo games with the old people, "Another B!", that scene went on five minutes longer than it needed. Same with the scam montages, Mike's break in looking for the money, etc. Like, if the show was a half hour shorter it might have been better?

I didn't hate it at all, it was just super disappointing and I would only recommend it to a super diehard Breaking Bad fan or someone who is bored and has nothing better to watch. Hopefully season two does a 180 and is actually good? :shrug:

EML
07-22-2015, 11:40 AM
Holy shit, literally everything you said was what makes it good.

I'm half-convinced you are just trolling.

ThePoler
10-14-2015, 03:02 AM
Season two had a great opener. :up:

Daisy
10-14-2015, 02:00 PM
This actually looks really good. I was skeptical at first because it's trying to cash in on the success of a great film but with the comedic timing of Martin Freeman and a quirky cast and a focus on black comedy, it looks like it might turn out to be a great little series. There is a clip of the first 7 minutes of the show online and the only negative thing I got from it was perhaps Martin Freeman's American accent wasn't as strong as it could be but it really isn't that bad.

Check it out here:

http://www.slashfilm.com/fx-fargo-seven-minutes/

Thank you for saying this. He (and he wasn't the only one) sounded Canadian - like he was down from Winnipeg - most of the time.

ThePoler
11-12-2015, 03:26 AM
Okay, this is the best show on air right now and nobody is talking about it. :huh:

When Ed got in the fight with the hitman in the butcher shop. And Bruce Campbell and Reagan?

This totally makes up for True Detective sucking.

Mee
11-12-2015, 01:12 PM
This is one I feel like I should watch, I want to watch, but then I don't

I watched like half an episode of season 1, bits of one episode this season, and I liked it but haven't committed. :shrug:

Franny Powers
12-11-2015, 12:48 PM
I just burned through the first season in about two sittings. Holy shit. I fucking hated Lester even more than Malvo, to be honest.

Gotta start up season 2.

ben
05-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Oh yes

In Fargo season 3, Ewan McGregor will make his tv series regular debut playing the two central characters, brothers Emmit and Ray Stussy.

Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. A handsome, self-made, real estate mogul and family man, Emmit sees himself as an American success story. His slightly younger brother, Ray Stussy, on the other hand is more of a cautionary tale. Balding, pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, Ray has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt, and he blames his brother, Emmit, for his misfortunes.

How exciting to have a talent like McGregor on board. We don’t know too much more about Fargo season 3 other than it is supposed to be set in 2010, four years after the events of the first season. No word on if any of the characters from season one to two will make an appearance although Fargo showrunner Noah Hawley has hinted that we might see some characters we already know (which doesn’t mean the same actors will reprise the roles, especially if its characters from the 1979-set second season). No other actors have been officially cast in this season, which is expected to begin production later this year for a 2017 premiere on FX.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ewan-mcgregor-fargo/

Franny Powers
05-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Awesome. Still need to stream season 2 somewhere.

ThePoler
05-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Seriously, this is the best show on tv and gives Breaking Bad a run for it's money. Obi-Wan's duel roles sounds hilarious, I'm so stoked for this season. :inlove:

ben
09-16-2016, 11:44 PM
10 Cloverfield Lane star Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined the cast of Fargo season 3, opposite Ewan McGregor and Carrie Coons.

http://www.slashfilm.com/mary-elizabeth-winstead-in-fargo/

http://aliljoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/385.gif

ThePoler
09-17-2016, 01:36 PM
:up: :up: :up:

Franny Powers
09-22-2016, 12:53 PM
Anyone know when season 2 starts to stream online?

The Amazing Lee
09-22-2016, 09:10 PM
It's on British netflix. :inlove:

ThePoler
04-20-2017, 06:52 AM
For those who didn't watch the premiere tonight...

YOU SEE MEW NUDE.