PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek

Pages : [1] 2

Charles Brodin
11-17-2010, 10:01 PM
I, uhhhh, I really like Kirk's Variant Costume.

http://trekmovie.com/images/merchandise/Kirk.JPG

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/1/17/Kirk_Bashir_and_Obrien.jpg/300px-Kirk_Bashir_and_Obrien.jpg

Babs
11-18-2010, 12:07 AM
I almost died this morning when I realized that one of my stranger 6th graders, Francis, has the exact same speech pattern as James T. Kirk. LOLOLOLOL. I was highly discomposed.

Charles Brodin
11-29-2010, 05:43 PM
Got to the episode where it's the 1920's. Very excited.

Wilhelm
11-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Fuck those
"Since a warehouse full of period costumes and props suddenly became available, cheap, let us go to another alien planet where everything somehow resembles Earth's past." episodes.
:down::rolleyes:

Wilhelm
11-29-2010, 09:52 PM
They could totally get away with one episode like that.
They could possibly get away with two.
They did like 14.

Mee
11-29-2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, they killed that idea, brought it back, raped it, and killed it again.

Lackey
11-30-2010, 03:56 PM
just wait until we invent FTL space travel and find a cowboy planet... just wait

Wilhelm
11-30-2010, 04:01 PM
They did,

gangsters
Romans
the shoot out at the OK Corral
medieval stuff
the planet that "appears to be a duplicate of Earth" where diseased Grups are terrorized by children
the episode which is pretty much just a Shakespearean acting troupe performing on the Enterprise till someone gets killed
they see Samurai
Alice in Wonderland creatures
Abe Lincoln
a squire in a pirate shirt playing a harpsichord in his castle
they go back in time to 1968
they go back in time to 1969
Landru's planet looks exactly like The Old West, except for when it looks like medieval times
they go back to the 1930's ( the most boring, frustrating episode of all, inexplicably loved by everyone on Earth but me and everyone I know personally :huh: )
the planet infested with flying rubber pancake amoebas looks exactly like the "duplicate of Earth" where the Grups die
they visit Space Indians
Space Hippies
Nazis
they meet Apollo
and a group of ancient Greek psychics

Charles Brodin
11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Tell us about the 30's one, willy.

Lackey
11-30-2010, 04:08 PM
They did,

gangsters
Romans
the shoot out at the OK Corral
medieval stuff
the planet that "appears to be a duplicate of Earth" where diseased Grups are terrorized by children
the episode which is pretty much just a Shakespearean acting troupe performing on the Enterprise till someone gets killed
they see Samurai
Alice in Wonderland creatures
Abe Lincoln
a squire in a pirate shirt playing a harpsichord in his castle
they go back in time to 1968
they go back in time to 1969
Landru's planet looks exactly like The Old West, except for when it looks like medieval times
they go back to the 1930's ( the most boring, frustrating episode of all, inexplicably loved by everyone on Earth but me and everyone I know personally :huh: )
the planet infested with flying rubber pancake amoebas looks exactly like the "duplicate of Earth" where the Grups die
they visit Space Indians
Space Hippies
Nazis
they meet Apollo
and a group of ancient Greek psychics

TNG did stuff like this but they had the holodeck and Q screwing with reality

Wilhelm
11-30-2010, 04:14 PM
That is correct, Jean Luc et al. are L.A.R.P.ers.
Worf....Wesley Crusher's m.i.l.f...all L.A.R.P.ers.

Wilhelm
11-30-2010, 04:18 PM
speaking of Wesley, I love this picture

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/wesley.jpg

Mee
12-01-2010, 04:36 AM
That is correct, Jean Luc et al. are L.A.R.P.ers.
Worf....Wesley Crusher's m.i.l.f...all L.A.R.P.ers.

DS9 had some good LARP eps

The one where Sisko pretends to be that guy holding hostages in the concentration camps
The one where Sisko is a writer in the 50s or something writing DS9

I haven't watched DS9 in too long :(

tiny white penis
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I like the one where Bashir is James Bond.

Charles Brodin
12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Watching the one with the giant Space Ameoba. Some absolutely A-1 Bridge Shaking acting going on. Flips, somersaults, the whole ball of wax. I hope it won an Emmy.

Mee
12-02-2010, 03:43 AM
I like the one where Bashir is James Bond.

Yeah :inlove:

Charles Brodin
12-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Bunch of alien natives with Wayne Cochran pompadours. It's a beautiful galaxy.

Lackey
12-06-2010, 09:07 PM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/101127.jpg

tiny white penis
12-06-2010, 09:15 PM
AHAHAHAHAhahaha..

They do seriously need a new series though. I've heard a couple of cool ideas that people have had for it but I guess CBS owns the rights and they feel that it would be too costly or some shit...

tiny white penis
12-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Two posts? I must be getting too excited about Star Trek.

Wilhelm
12-06-2010, 09:17 PM
blubbablubbablubba

Wilhelm
12-06-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow is this site fucked up. Now I can't see my own last post, just 2 of Jolly Johnny's.
I said,

Speaking of that, I haven't seen the Fahrenheit 451 (1961) movie for many years, just watched it again yesterday, was blown away by it's predictive power...the wall screen TV's look exactly like today's flatscreens, the shit-ass "reality" shows where you, the viewer, have to help "decide the fate" of the contestants, the wife is on a ton of prescription drugs and is therefore, a zombie, and she even pops a headphone thing in her ear which looks exactly like the headphones on an iPod.

And I was going to add, when the protagonist is about to get a promotion, his wife is excited 'cause they'll be able to get another wall TV...she's heard that it's like the TV world envelopes you. Had very similar conversation with room mate excited to get more money 'cause he was reading about a gaming set up where you have 6 giant monitors.

tiny white penis
12-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah Fahrenheit and 1984 have been used as how-to manuals by the government and Corporate America, I think. They're scary levels of accurate, Fahrenheit maybe more so if you really look at the details.

Charles Brodin
12-13-2010, 07:20 PM
Kirk is really good at tricking computers into destroying themselves. Gosh darned natural, he is.

Wilhelm
12-14-2010, 09:10 PM
I know. He should have sued Fallout 3, when you meet President Eden. I'm like Kiirk...Kiiirk, Hi I am James T. Kirk of Vault 101.

Mee
12-16-2010, 04:22 AM
Did you see Trouble With Tribbles yet Brodie? Or the alternate universe one?

Charles Brodin
12-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah yeah yeah, just finishing up with the 2nd season.

I was under the impression that the original series was mostly campy crap, did you know that a lot of the episodes are funny and interesting?

Mee
12-16-2010, 02:04 PM
I'm thinking I meant to post that in the Star Trek thread :huh:

Daisy
12-16-2010, 03:17 PM
And now you did.

Mee
12-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks Chief.

tiny white penis
12-16-2010, 07:16 PM
Yeah yeah yeah, just finishing up with the 2nd season.

I was under the impression that the original series was mostly campy crap, did you know that a lot of the episodes are funny and interesting?

This is the impression that some fans (TNG fans mostly) like to give, but there's just as much campy crap in the other series, especially TNG.

Charles Brodin
12-17-2010, 12:03 AM
hahahahah, teri garr.

lars573
12-18-2010, 05:30 PM
This is the impression that some fans (TNG fans mostly) like to give, but there's just as much campy crap in the other series, especially TNG.
However the perception of quality of campy crap is generationaly relevant. I happen to not like any campy crap. Be it from any Star Trek series. And they all had them.

Wilhelm
12-20-2010, 04:05 PM
post is rough

Charles Brodin
01-04-2011, 03:45 PM
In this episode, the enterprise hosts some people that are so ugly, to look at them will drive humans insane.

The third season has lost a step.

Charles Brodin
01-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Don't worry, though!

Spock has one of these

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070726043018/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/3/37/Spock_wearing_visor.jpg/180px-Spock_wearing_visor.jpg

He's right as fucking rain.

Daisy
01-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Early Geordi Visor. :huh:

Wilhelm
01-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I remember 3rd season episodes were depressing because they had no budget but the Brodinator got me curious so I looked over the 3rd season and here are some comments.

The episode where Kirk switches bodies with a chick, sucks, but seeing William Shatner act like a woman trying to act like a man is a must, must, see.

Mariette Hartley

This is one of my favorite Star Trek aliens.
I love that cute Pokemon design.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/STSavageCurtain.jpg

I wanted to take advantage of Rayna. Her Bambi eyes whimper, "Use me?"

Childhood haunted by ears of leader of Space Hippies. Episode is depressing.

The Lights of Zetar...another "incorporeal alien entity". They are great on the budget, since they always possess human actors. :rolleyes:

Yvonne Craig as green dancing girl, inmates have taken over the asylum...episode is depressing and cheap but hot.

I can't use photobucket so I'm done now. :down:

Mee
01-04-2011, 06:27 PM
That guy looks like a pile of poop haha

Wilhelm
01-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Not his cute face.

Mee
01-04-2011, 06:31 PM
That looks like a poorly made cupcake.

Wilhelm
01-04-2011, 06:35 PM
yeah, with glowing eyes

Mee
01-04-2011, 07:04 PM
It's nice though that they went out there a bit. So many Star Trek aliens are just add a ridge on the nose, crinkle the ears, put a couple waves in the forehead. And then the races that look exactly like humans, whoa. :eek:

Charles Brodin
01-19-2011, 11:54 AM
I don't want to alarm anyone, but Chekov is about to rape a lady.

zyzyphus
01-19-2011, 01:25 PM
That was forty years ago...He's changed.

jackrabbit
01-27-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryo-GtOgi7s&feature=player_embedded#

Saw this on io9 this morning.

I've seen this chick's videos before. She's cuteish? I don't know. Also very, incredibly annoying. But so is that video/song. Hahaha

Wilhelm
01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Wow that one usually on the left with the sunglasses looks like a lot of fun.

Charles Brodin
03-10-2011, 04:17 PM
kirk just said sabatage.

Mee
03-12-2011, 10:57 PM
I was watching Search For Spock on and off yesterday, I like how Sulu dresses like he's going to a 24th century disco.

EML
03-14-2011, 04:27 AM
Sulu's gay

tiny white penis
03-22-2011, 09:08 PM
:eek:

Faustus
03-23-2011, 02:06 AM
His parents definitely am disappoint.

Charles Brodin
07-14-2011, 08:58 PM
This Decker cat is the best.

Hope he doens't merge with anything by the end of the moooooooovie.

Charles Brodin
07-15-2011, 04:54 AM
Stephen Coooooollllllllllins.

You may enter me.

Charles Brodin
07-15-2011, 05:05 AM
Hey, guys, Star Trek: The Motion PIcture is kind of shit.

Wilhelm
07-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I just watched the first episode of Voyager last night. lol
er the first half of the first episode

That Mulgrew chick's chin is incredible on my TV.
Also, she should wear a ball gag at all times.

Mee
07-16-2011, 03:06 AM
Hey, guys, Star Trek: The Motion PIcture is kind of shit.

All kinds.

I can't remember the last time I tried to watch Voyager. :dood: I have watched some Enterprise recently, Bakula is so bad in it. :huh:

Wilhelm
09-12-2011, 05:57 PM
I am now obsessed with Voyager. :dood:

Daisy
09-12-2011, 05:59 PM
I just watched the first episode of Voyager last night. lol
er the first half of the first episode

That Mulgrew chick's chin is incredible on my TV.
Also, she should wear a ball gag at all times.

Selfish. Phallic gags are more fun for her.

Mee
09-13-2011, 10:43 AM
I am now obsessed with Voyager. :dood:

How does this happen?

My sweet, sweet Wilhelm. :(

Wilhelm
09-13-2011, 08:19 PM
How does this happen?

My sweet, sweet Wilhelm. :(
Netflix, I watched out of curiosity to see how much it sucked and I fell in love with the characters, so when it's a bad episode, you just feel bad for the characters you love, that they are stuck in a bad episode.

I got used to Janeway's voice, and she's such a man, the few times she's chicky it's amazing.

I've always liked big, voluptuous chicks, but something about Kes standing around with her pixie body in skintight clothes is hot.

Everyone agrees the doctor from The Howling (1981) is funny.

I've liked Chakotay since he was in Night of the Comet (1984).

Tuvok says funny stuff all of the time.

B'Elanna is an 8 year old bitch and she loves it.

The only one I still hate is Neelix of course, and even he...I can't believe it, even he has watchable episodes. :huh:
You just have to try not to look at him, his face, his hair or his clothes, or listen to his voice.

Weirdly I saw the criticism that the show was too cutesy and not dAhrk, like DS9...but I have been shocked at all the gruesome, chilling stuff. It's often like a Horror show, emphasis on Body Horror which I like.
And despite the fact that the writers consistently suck, very often setting up good story ideas and then having no idea how to resolve it all in 2 or 3 minutes at the end, they did some brilliant things.

- I remember being cynical about the transparent attempt to infuse new energy (stranding Star Trek people far away with new aliens, planets, and no Federation nearby to save their asses) when I heard about it, but it works. When it's a good episode, it feels even more wild west than DS9 did...less safe, and they run into weird shit.

- I also rolled my eyes about "d'Oh! Ratings are down. Hey! Let's get an even hotter chick on the show! :eek: With like, huge tits, and a painted on catsuit! :fingerguns:"...but the manipulation there was not only to lure in dudes with a hot chick. It was deeper.
The Borg chick has a perfect body, so she's hot, but, she was enBorged as a little girl and has little memory of being human and once they free her from the Borg she starts out missing the only life she has known, as a drone in a collective.
So, this was more like feeding nerdy dudes what they want, seeing the tables turned, the unattainable white-hot blonde chick with huge tits who:
- is awkward around people
- is scared of being alone
- feels like an outsider
- is anxious about fucking up on a date, etc.

So I was ":rolleyes:" for a new reason, nonetheless, it is entertaining watching poor, hot Seven of Nine trying to act tough because she's embarrassed that she's scared of jokes, parties and the possibility that no one will ever like her. You feel sorry for her, and her perfect ass. I thought she was just going to be a hot bad-ass chick, which would not have been as entertaining.

The show is still loaded with retardation but I can't quit watching the characters, much like when I watched all The Office episodes after I gave that show a chance even though I was unimpressed by the first 2 or 3 episodes I watched.

So, one is humbled by change...I never would have imagined I'd ever have, so many "Favorite Janeway Moments." :huh:
That was always one of the funny parts, in Trekkies 2...watching the idiots rave about Voyager, the housewife who loves Janeway because "She a strong woman without having to be a, 'witch with a capital B'. lololololol"
I have to re-watch that now.
I don't know.
I don't know what happened to me.

Lackey
09-13-2011, 09:33 PM
You feel sorry for her, and her perfect ass.

hahaha

so how does the Voyager crew make it home? or do they?

Daisy
09-13-2011, 09:37 PM
So, one is humbled by change...I never would have imagined I'd ever have, so many "Favorite Janeway Moments." :huh:
That was always one of the funny parts, in Trekkies 2...watching the idiots rave about Voyager, the housewife who loves Janeway because "She a strong woman without having to be a, 'witch with a capital B'. lololololol"
I have to re-watch that now.
I don't know.
I don't know what happened to me.

It was my subliminal influence.

Wilhelm
09-13-2011, 09:46 PM
so how does the Voyager crew make it home? or do they?
They make it back.
The end of the series is like a macro-version of the ends of many of the episodes...good story builds and builds, you're intrigued, can't imagine how they'll get out of it, then plif, it's magically wrapped up and it's over and you're like ":ugh:hmm"

The last episode starts with most of the crew back on Earth having returned many years before, Janeway has white hair, the Asian guy sports prosthetic jowls, etc.
A happy ending, except for the fact that 7, Chakotay are dead and Tuvok is in an asylum 'cause of degenerative brain disease.

Welp, Janeway figures that was a lame ending so she RISKS IT ALL TO BREAK THE TEMPORAL PRIME DIRECTIVE BY GOING BACK IN TIME TO FORGE A BETTER ENDING!
So, they narrowly escape the Borg and zoop through their magical portal and they see Earth and young Janeway goes, "Set a course, for home." and then I go, "THAT'S THE END? :-?:crazy::inhate::dood::rolleyes::shrug:

Wilhelm
09-13-2011, 09:48 PM
It was my subliminal influence.What you like that show?

Daisy
09-13-2011, 09:56 PM
Yup. :) For the same reason - the characters.

Mee
09-14-2011, 02:35 AM
I can't stand the characters in Voyager, this is mindblowing to me. :huh: Do I need to watch it again? The only one I ever really liked was the Doctor, sometimes Paris.

Chakotay, Janeway, Tuvok, Kes, and Kim are all super boring :huh:

Neelix, like you said, is annoying, and so is Torres.

That said, have you seen the one where Q shows up and wants to make a baby with Janeway?

Wilhelm
09-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I'd like to customize a Star Trek collection, every episode of every show minus any episode where people are wearing historical costumes.

This purges,

Kirk, McCoy and Spock meet Romans in Space.

Kirk, McCoy and Spock meet Gangsters in Space.

Kirk, McCoy and Spock meet Nazis in Space.

Kirk, McCoy and Spock meet Abraham Lincoln in Space.

Anything based on Sherlock Holmes.

No Mark Twain.

No Civil War re-enactments.

No Jane Austen.

No Robin Hood.

You'd have like a 5 disk set left.

Mee
09-15-2011, 06:45 PM
The Robin Hood one has some great stuff though. Worf smashing the mandolin? Come on.

Mee
09-15-2011, 06:47 PM
And are you not counting the DS9 past episodes? The one where Sisko ends up changing time to become a riot leader, I remember that one being really good. Then the one where he's Benny and yells "IT IS REAL *blubbering*"

Wilhelm
09-15-2011, 07:02 PM
I watched DS9 every time it was on and remember hardly anything about it except that I hate Sisko's kid, baseball,...

Mainly, I remember in Trekkies when some roleplaying nerds dressed as the people with the serrated noses, are asked "Who is your favorite captain?" one of them likes Picard and the others go, ":eek: :crazy:" and the nerd falls back into line, "Oh, yes...to choose anyone other than The Emissary would naught bee right!"

Mee
09-15-2011, 07:09 PM
I got really tired of the Emissary/Prophets stuff. :down:

Baseball had good Worf moments too.

"FIND HIM AND KILL HIM"

Wilhelm
09-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh, and I remember I ended up liking Terry Farrell a lot less because she chose to stop working here:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/Deep_space_9.jpg

so she could start working here:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/reggies-dinner-becker.jpg

Mee
09-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah, new Dax was awful. :dood:

Lackey
09-15-2011, 07:27 PM
the Moriarty episodes of TNG were awesome :huh:

Wilhelm
09-15-2011, 07:27 PM
nnnehhh

Mee
09-15-2011, 09:32 PM
Wasn't there one where he was like, "make me a wife :mad:"

I'm not a fan of those holodeck takeover things.

Wilhelm
09-15-2011, 09:55 PM
'Cause...after, the first time it happened...they, would've, figured out a way to make sure it never happens again or deemed holodecks too dangerous to use out in space on a ship, that can so easily be manipulated by, a, video game character...sso...

I was also realizing after seeing Voyagers Pon Farr episode, there's no way they would allow Vulcans to go out on ships if they were about to go insane and take over the ship in hopes of getting laid. :huh:

Lackey
09-15-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm a fan of artificial intelligence stories so I guess that's why I liked it, plus the other episode with the holodeck inside a ship inside a holodeck inside a ship... it's like Inception "dream within a dream" stuff so that's cool :gimble:

Mee
09-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Haha

Every Starship should just have a couple Vulcan love slaves on hand. "Break glass in case of emergency" type thing.

Mee
09-15-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm a fan of artificial intelligence stories so I guess that's why I liked it, plus the other episode with the holodeck inside a ship inside a holodeck inside a ship... it's like Inception "dream within a dream" stuff so that's cool :gimble:

I did really like the James Bond holodeck takeover on DS9, gotta admit.

I'm sounding like a total DS9 fanboy :(

Wilhelm
09-16-2011, 05:07 PM
Haha

Every Starship should just have a couple Vulcan love slaves on hand. "Break glass in case of emergency" type thing.Haha, sweet...

I do like holodeck inside a holodeck inside a holodeck.

Anyway, this is amazing. If you want to know what it's like to be on drugs, Mee...well, this flashed me back pretty hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFZDF3-Rg0U

I am pissed. I could watch those all day, like when the G.I. Joe ones came out, but it looks like the guy made like 3 or 4 and stopped.

Anyway, next, if you ever want to try understand how someone could come to appreciate Janeway, her personality may stand out more if one watches this scene with the original captain they chose who quit on her 2nd day, forcing them to call their #2 choice, Mullgroo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SIZcDWKyw0

I can not believe they were going to put that medicated librarian up there with Kirk, Picard and Sisko.

Mee
09-17-2011, 03:28 AM
Haha, wow, I never even knew about her.

That's like local community theater Star Trek.

Lackey
09-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Which Mee has of course participated in

Mee
09-17-2011, 12:30 PM
No, you :mad:

Mee
09-20-2011, 02:20 AM
I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in Comics, but here goes

A new line of Star Trek comics is debuting this month, based on the Abrams reboot crew/universe, and each story will reimagine episodes from the original series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32852

As nerdy as it may be, that seems kind of interesting to me. :(

tiny white penis
09-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Cool. I do think its lame though, how they keep teasing and teasing the new movie with this and the videogame coming out, but have so far released little to no information about whether the movie is actually ever coming out. JJ Abrams is nothing if not the biggest cocktease ever.

Also Voyager Wil? Really?

I always thought that series was barely one step behind Enterprise as being the worst Star Trek series. I mean yeah some of the characters were cool but I don't know. Should I give it another chance?

Also your assessment of Seven of Nine is spot on lol.

The animated series, which I always thought was rather kickass, is on Netflix too.

Mee
09-20-2011, 10:35 AM
I did see something the other day about Abrams confirming he would direct Star Trek 2. :huh::up:

Wilhelm
09-20-2011, 07:00 PM
Also Voyager Wil? Really?

I always thought that series was barely one step behind Enterprise as being the worst Star Trek series. I had never seen Enterprise. I checked out 3 episodes. I either didn't love them or I hated them.
I had never seen Voyager. I checked out 3 episodes and had to see the 4th. Then I had to see the 5th. Then I had to see them all except the holodeck ones and the ones where someone is falsely accused of something and most of the ones where two crew members go to a planet and get stranded there. Later I found out, despite the fact that they already have a their own Jar Jar, they brought in a little girl. I was ready to skip those too, but the transparently manipulative odd coupling of the little girl being scared of 7 and then idolizing her, that I saw only because I wanted to check out how much it sucked (which is why I started watching Enterprise and Voyager in the first place), again, was entertaining to me.
Part of my fascination is because Voyager is supposed to be the suck, so it has nowhere to go but up.
Luckily with Netflix's synopses, I can avoid the hardcore crap I do not want to see. I would not have been able to do that when it was on and would have never made it to giving the show a chance.

The animated series, which I always thought was rather kickass, is on Netflix too.I own that shit, yo, in a weird box.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/star-trek-the-animated-series-20060727110249759_640w.jpg

And it's the rarest case where I love the packaging as much as the contents.
Also, having just bought the entire Star Wars saga on Bluray, it just struck me as insane that the packaging for the Star Trek animated series is far by far superior to the packaging for the entire fucking Star Wars saga on Bluray.
:huh:

The art on the Star Wars set is shit. It's like covers for Watchtower magazine only not as skillfully wrought. :huh:

Jake
09-20-2011, 07:12 PM
so i watch this bullshit channel that they added when over-the-air channels went digital or whatever. they added it, it's like 7.2 or something but they added it to cable too. anyway it is a THOUSAND TIMES BETTER than every other channel. i could live without cable, is the extent that i watch this, and i'm considering it cuz i'm sooooo poor. no ESPN would be hard but i can live with the interwebs for news and go to bars on saturdays to watch games.

but anyway this channel, it has an hour block of M*A*S*H that i watch religiously at 6. i eat and watch M*A*S*H. i respect M*A*S*H enough to put the asterisks in M*A*S*H. then later on in the night this channel plays Cheers. RLLY CHANNEL. and then right after Cheers? ANOTHER M*A*S*H EPISODE

so i be watchin this channel like all the time lately. and now they are advertising that they've gotten the original Star Trek (which I've watched like 2 episodes of in my life). so i'm excited. and also they are getting Batman. hahaha

Wilhelm
09-20-2011, 07:32 PM
i respect M*A*S*H enough to put the asterisks in M*A*S*H. I thought I was the only one.
I have gotten lazy in the past couple of years and just gone "M.A.S.H.", and I feel terrible about it right now.

Daisy
09-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey... I'm the one that has the M*A*S*H box set.

And you should feel terrible about it. :mad:

Jake
09-20-2011, 07:36 PM
here are my M*A*S*H feelings:

BJ > Trapper, but Blake > Potter

it's hard to live with!

Winchester > Burns

Daisy
09-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes. Yes... and yes. :eek:

Jake
09-20-2011, 07:40 PM
and Radar defo > Klinger in the company clerk spot

it's rough, the ideal cast never formulated, it's like if David Robinson retired before Tim Duncan came along. or, no, it's like how Don Mattingly retired in 1995 and then 1996 happens and OPE! Yankees win the World Series

Wilhelm
09-20-2011, 09:23 PM
and Radar defo > Klinger in the company clerk spotYou don't need to waste time typing something like that.

Wilhelm
09-20-2011, 09:26 PM
And no way, Blake was a cartoon. They got so many classic stories out of Potter...dude,
The hard-ass softening up is better than the apathetic fuck-up apathetically fucking up then dying.

Jake
09-20-2011, 10:10 PM
harry morgan wasn't that good of an actor

Mee
09-21-2011, 02:23 AM
To boldy go off topic :mad:

Jake
09-21-2011, 02:34 AM
spock meets hawkeye

"DAMN YOUR LOGIC AND DAMN THIS WAR, AND DAMN YOU WHILE I'M AT IT:mad:"

but Beej would probs be like "cool it hawk" and then he would get voted coolest mustache in the galaxy

Jake
09-21-2011, 02:39 AM
"this is meatball surgery mccoy"

and then they have to explain what a meatball is because there are no italians in the future.

Jake
09-21-2011, 02:40 AM
when the fuck is the next star trek movie coming out. jesus.

tiny white penis
09-21-2011, 03:59 AM
It's a mystery, but if you follow the viral marketing viral marketing for the eventual viral marketing internet campaign for the campaign for the game within a movie marketing game you might know when the release date is going to be released. And then the real mystery begins.

http://www.greatnewmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/JJ-Abrams-Direct-Star-Trek-2.jpg

Mee
09-21-2011, 04:04 AM
In short, 2012 is what they've been saying.

tiny white penis
09-21-2011, 04:14 AM
Spoilers, Mee.

Wilhelm
09-21-2011, 07:02 PM
It's a mystery, but if you follow the viral marketing viral marketing for the eventual viral marketing internet campaign for the campaign for the game within a movie marketing game you might know when the release date is going to be released. And then the real mystery begins.wellcrafted

I like the release date for the release date.

Faustus
09-22-2011, 07:12 AM
I started watching TNG because it's on Netflix and I liked the JJ Abrams movie. That Being said, I know nothing of Star Trek aside from general knowledge- Spock, beam me up, Kirk, etc
So the pilot episode was cool, but its been kind of downhill since. Shrug.

Mee
09-22-2011, 10:54 AM
TNG is mostly a snooze.

It has good characters, and there are good episodes, but a lot of them are really dull.

You could check out the original Trek for campy goodness, or Deep Space Nine for serious(ish) goodness. DS9 has by far the best action out of all of TV Trek. :up:

Charles Brodin
09-22-2011, 01:08 PM
The first season of TNG is pretty terrible, but it gets better later on.

Invest yoself, johnny.

Mee
09-22-2011, 01:16 PM
I was assuming he had made it beyond season 1, but yeah...season 1 is definitely not good.

Measure of Man might be season one? That was good.

Wilhelm
09-22-2011, 02:08 PM
I just watched the first Voyager with Q, not when he wants to have a baby with Janeway, and it was as good as any Star Trek.
A Q dude is trying to hide from Q and he takes them to the first moments of the universe and the delivery was funny when the .5 Klingon chick said "Captain, the ship can't withstand the origin of the universe. :concern:", and I usually hate metapop crap but I loved how he hid them as a Voyager Christmas ornament on a Christmas tree and how Q was talking "That's what they get for putting a woman in the captain's chair. :rolleyes:" shit.

Then, just like the original Star Trek, it intelligently dealt with social issues (assisted suicide/death penalty) and unlike, like, every other time, when they did their continuum-so-humans-can-perceive-it, I loved it. It was like my "Death's Waiting Room" thing.
The only bad thing was that Riker was on for a sec and the director obviously told Janeway "Riker is from real Star Trek and everyone loves him, so act like you're in awe and fucking love the fuck out of the opportunity to meet Riker or the fans'll think you're a bitch." 'cause she was all ":eek::eek::eek: Riker! Omgomgomgomgomg :inlove:" haha

Mee
09-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh yeah, that one is good. :o:up:

Mee
09-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Have you gotten to the painful "ship sent back to 1996 cause we have no budget" episode? Where Paris falls in love with Sarah Silverman?

:dood:

zyzyphus
09-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Sarah Silverman almost became a cast member after that one. Her character was supposed to go with Paris back to Voyager. So that would have been...fun? :gimble:

tiny white penis
09-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Haha just imagine if she had. Hahaha.

tiny white penis
09-22-2011, 02:51 PM
The first season of TNG is pretty terrible, but it gets better later on.

Invest yoself, johnny.

Yeah faustus, if you can just make it to Season 2, then you should be able to decide whether you like it or not. If by 4 or 5 episodes into season 2 you don't find yourself invested, try something else. :shrug:

Wilhelm
09-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Have you gotten to the painful "ship sent back to 1996 cause we have no budget" episode? Where Paris falls in love with Sarah Silverman?

:dood:I skipped it because, I'm kind of weird in that I like my escapism to be escapist.

I can't believe I enjoyed the Star Trek Whale Movie 'cause usually, yeah, stay in space, in the future. I get plenty of present-day Earth, thanks.

Insanely, now I have to watch it 'cause they never told me Sarah Silverman was on it. thanks :rolleyes:

tiny white penis
09-22-2011, 03:20 PM
That's weird Wil, cause some of the best Star Trek episodes and movies involve time travel. Usually but not always, Star Trek exceeds at time travel. :huh:

Wilhelm
09-22-2011, 03:37 PM
If they're traveling from DS9 to Kirk days, awesome. I just don't want to see boring Earth. Like, Star Trek re-runs were some of the only good shows on when I was a kid but they only went 3 seasons so I have seen every episode 85 times, even the ones I hated, but I have never made it all the way through the one were they go back to the 60's. And it had Teri GARR!

Lackey
09-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Janeway is on some adult swim show, she got old and fat

Wilhelm
09-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Yes, you can fit two Voyager Janeways into one Warehouse 13 Janeway.

tiny white penis
09-22-2011, 07:50 PM
If they're traveling from DS9 to Kirk days, awesome. I just don't want to see boring Earth. Like, Star Trek re-runs were some of the only good shows on when I was a kid but they only went 3 seasons so I have seen every episode 85 times, even the ones I hated, but I have never made it all the way through the one were they go back to the 60's. And it had Teri GARR!

That one was okay I thought. Weird.

They DO do it too much, but when they do it correctly I feel it makes for some of the better Star Trek episodes.

Wilhelm
09-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Oh and Jesus Christ, the most boring Star Trek of all time:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/city_20on_20the_20edge_20of_20forever.jpg

To boldly go where no man has gone before! Like, on a date with Joan Collins as soon as I've finished doing the dishes at the men's shelter!

tiny white penis
09-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Are you fucking kidding me I FUCKING LOVE City on the Edge of Forever.

It gets to the heart of the logic vs. the heart of the soul debate at the center of classic Star Trek.

Oh but of course no aliens so it must suck.

Go watch shitty Voyager, Wilhelm. :mad:

Wilhelm
09-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Just glue a soap dish to her nose and I'd be okay.

tiny white penis
09-22-2011, 08:11 PM
At least City on the Edge of Forever didn't have any Borg.

One reason I could NEVER get into Voyager is that by the end of Next Gen and DS9 I was so so worn out on the Borg...just the ultimate crappy 90s style villains, the Venoms/Banes of Star Trek...and Voyager just seemed to have more focus on that.

Wilhelm
09-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Yes, they are the 90's, even though they're Cenobites. That's why the 90's suck, because they're really the late 80's.

tiny white penis
09-22-2011, 08:21 PM
Yeah they are ultimate of awful 90s villains. They came in in the 80s but they started getting super popular in the 90s. There's a couple good Borg stories (the first few in TNG are great, there were a couple in DS9 I enjoyed, First Contact is okay) but the shitty stories far outweighed the good.

Mee
09-23-2011, 04:15 AM
I can't believe I enjoyed the Star Trek Whale Movie 'cause usually, yeah, stay in space, in the future. I get plenty of present-day Earth, thanks.

Scotty talking to the computer :inlove:
Nuclear wessels :inlove:

Wilhelm
10-06-2011, 09:26 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/badTrekTattoo.jpg
lolol

Mee
10-07-2011, 07:49 PM
After that they became lovers.

Mee
02-04-2012, 09:22 PM
A new series could be in the works?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/02/03/star-trek-tv-show-could-draw-on-bryan-pool-messrs-fuller-singer-talking-about-collaborating/

Really not much there, but it sounds like it could be in the Abrams timeline, but a non-Enterprise centered show.

tiny white penis
02-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Did that article say Munsters reboot?

Lol wut.

zyzyphus
02-05-2012, 05:22 PM
http://screenrant.com/munsters-reboot-pilot-details-sandy-142095/

Yup, and it's going to be EDGIER AND DARKER! Wow! What a novel idea!

"The plot sees the eponymous family forced to move to a new location, after the 10-year-old Eddie Munster (unaware that he is in fact a werewolf) transforms and attacks his peers on a scouting trip.

Grandpa Munster is now a 600-year-old “shapeshifter,” rather than a Dracula-like vampire.

Lily Munster now suffers from an eating disorder – namely, she likes to snack on suicide victims.

Marilyn Munster is a regular human who was adopted by the family, after her own cannibalistic mother attempted to eat her (when she was an infant)."

Whatevs, Munsters are a poor man's Addams Family anyway.

tiny white penis
02-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Hahaha what the hell

Most useless "reboot" ever

The Amazing Lee
02-05-2012, 09:39 PM
iuHr00nxeew

Daisy
02-06-2012, 04:06 PM
http://screenrant.com/munsters-reboot-pilot-details-sandy-142095/

Yup, and it's going to be EDGIER AND DARKER! Wow! What a novel idea!

"The plot sees the eponymous family forced to move to a new location, after the 10-year-old Eddie Munster (unaware that he is in fact a werewolf) transforms and attacks his peers on a scouting trip.

Grandpa Munster is now a 600-year-old “shapeshifter,” rather than a Dracula-like vampire.

Lily Munster now suffers from an eating disorder – namely, she likes to snack on suicide victims.

Marilyn Munster is a regular human who was adopted by the family, after her own cannibalistic mother attempted to eat her (when she was an infant)."

Whatevs, Munsters are a poor man's Addams Family anyway.

Looks like the whole premise of the original Munsters went completely over the head of this new guy. :-?

So really, it's not so much a remake of The Munsters and The Munsters charaters (superficially anyway) being used for a show of the same name.

Lackey
02-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Worf is everyone's bitch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs

Mee
02-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Hahah, so many great out of context ones, like when he's about to backhand the old lady.

Worf got way cooler in DS9.

Wilhelm
02-22-2012, 03:35 PM
Haha, I watched that whole thing.

Les Groper
02-22-2012, 06:01 PM
I love the quick, stern "No :mad:" from Picard. Makes him seem like a complete asshole.

Mee
02-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Haha, I watched that whole thing.

Me too :hodeitup:

Lackey
02-22-2012, 10:04 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzplmwQZym1qbnggp.png

Mee
02-22-2012, 10:12 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7u131g4pN1qdthvyo1_500.png

Faustus
02-23-2012, 05:08 AM
Worf is so ugly. If I looked like that I would kill myself.

Wilhelm
02-23-2012, 02:06 PM
No!

Daisy
02-23-2012, 05:36 PM
Worf is so ugly. If I looked like that I would kill myself.

WTF? Worf was hot (although admittedly I say this of later Worf: once his ridges grew in fully - no seriously - and he got rid of the Little Lord Fauntleroy hairdo :crazy:).

Early Worf:
http://undiscoveredcountryproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Worf-Season-1.jpg
mushy, unformed ridges and a proto-pageboy :down:

Middle Worf:
http://blog.nola.com/star-trek_impact/2009/04/medium_trek-dream-team-worf.jpg
better defined ridges, but crappy pageboy :-?

Late Worf:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ed/WorfTNG.jpg/250px-WorfTNG.jpg
fully formed ridges, now wearing ponytail :up:

Lesson: Klingons improve with age. :)

Wilhelm
02-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Little Lord Fauntleroy hairdohaha was loving that on the video

Faustus
02-23-2012, 05:46 PM
It looks like someone melted Snickers bars on his forehead

Charles Brodin
02-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Faustus, your Xenophobia is demeaning all of us

Daisy
02-23-2012, 05:49 PM
That's not at all what meltied Snickers look like. :huh:

Lackey
02-23-2012, 07:21 PM
yeah, it's more like squished up musketeers

Daisy
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
That's a much better morphological description.

Lackey
02-23-2012, 07:24 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_c_MaBzzRV2A/TQQgXfNlHeI/AAAAAAAAInY/TMcDbX-UeTU/s1600/alexander3.jpg

Daisy
02-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Leave it to Worf to pull off a bandana seemingly made from a baby blanket.

Wilhelm
02-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Haha, that is a baby blanket.

Anyway, they had such better aliens on Space Precinct.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/sp1.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/SP2.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/SP3.jpg

Lackey
02-23-2012, 07:31 PM
that show freaked me out, especially that guy in the last picture

Wilhelm
02-23-2012, 07:33 PM
'Cause he looks like Brundlefly.

Mee
02-24-2012, 01:39 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_c_MaBzzRV2A/TQQgXfNlHeI/AAAAAAAAInY/TMcDbX-UeTU/s1600/alexander3.jpg

I have those :up:

Lackey
02-24-2012, 02:49 AM
Hahahaha that's awesome

Wilhelm
02-24-2012, 04:06 PM
Kid gets no articulation.
No articulation.

Faustus
02-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Worf should just wear hats all the time.

Mee
02-25-2012, 03:40 AM
Kid gets no articulation.
No articulation.

Well he was basically an accessory, came with the Worf figure.

Les Groper
03-04-2012, 08:47 PM
I watched First Contact yesterday, it's amusing that the next generation films kept up the "disagree with Worf" meme. Also, the Borg are fucking retarded.

But it gets points for having the best scene in Star Trek history, Picard killing Borg with a Tommy Gun:up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7OCKDEdtWys

Mee
03-06-2012, 12:14 AM
Wilhelm's dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xf6cw7LXXQ&feature=related

Faustus
03-06-2012, 12:21 AM
I think that was everyone's dream.

Lackey
03-26-2012, 10:11 PM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2012/03/Next-Generation-Yarn-1332786544.jpg

Charles Brodin
03-28-2012, 04:22 AM
Wheres Wesley

Mee
04-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Brian Singer and JJ Abrams team up for new Trek show?

Entertainment Weekly recently spoke to TV writer/producer Bryan Fuller about possibly revisiting "Star Trek" on the tube. Fuller, whose credits include "Pushing Daisies" and "Heroes," as well as the upcoming "Hannibal" series, told the magazine that he has spoken to director/producer Bryan Singer about bringing "Star Trek" back to television.

"Bryan and I are big fans of Trek and have discussed a take on what we would do, and we would love to do it," Fuller said. "I don’t think anything is going to happen in any official capacity until after the next movie comes out. And I'm sure it would be wisely under J.J. Abrams' purview of what happens. He’s the guardian of Trek right now."

Wilhelm
04-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Speaking of Bryan Singer, I watched all of Voyager and now I'm in the first season of Enterprise, and it struck me, if you watch Trekkies and Trekkies 2, they're both chock full of gay people praising Gene Roddenberry for imagining a world where everyone is accepted, a world without bigotry, and they sit and talk about how that's why so many gay people are drawn to Star Trek.

Buut, there have been lots of shows now with gay characters and I can't think of any Star Treks with homo main characters.

You've got Russians, Asians, Scottish people, White dudes, Black dudes, a Space-Native American, more Asians, aliens, a Black Vulcan, a woman captain, and old captain, inter-species love.
The gays love Star Trek so much, where's the gay representation?
Star Trek's so tolerant, where's your first gay captain?

(Begin conversation about how Tasha Yar was a lesbian and Data is gay and Riker is super gay trying to hide by whistling at ladies and Geordi LaForge is a faggot and Jean Luc is gay and Janeway's a dyke and Tuvok is a fucking faggot.)

Mee
04-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Haha

Well the guy who plays Spock now is gay, but Spock is doing Uhura. :shrug:

Everyone is accepted in Star Trek world accept for

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200303/tng-169-barclay-defeats-picard/320x240.jpg

Wilhelm
04-20-2012, 03:24 PM
He's a fag.
Good catch.

Mee
04-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Other than he was all about Troi

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/2009/06/hollowpursuits229.jpg

Lackey
04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Haha

Well the guy who plays Spock now is gay, but Spock is doing Uhura. :shrug:

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200303/tng-169-barclay-defeats-picard/320x240.jpg

screw you, Howling Mad Murdock is awesome

Wilhelm
04-20-2012, 08:33 PM
All these years, I didn't realize he was him.

Babs
04-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Brian Singer and JJ Abrams team up for new Trek show?

Oh snap. I will watch.

Jake
04-21-2012, 07:06 AM

hey

Mee
04-21-2012, 01:44 PM

Charles Brodin
04-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Hey, Art Student! You like pictures, do ya, art student?! Draw me a flower, Art Student!

Mee
04-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Charles Brodin
04-21-2012, 04:55 PM
you used accept instead of except

Mee
04-21-2012, 05:05 PM
Oh yeah :(

Lackey
05-01-2012, 09:57 PM
There's five parts to this, here's the first one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI29wso1R2s

Mee
05-02-2012, 03:51 AM
Watching these entrances at the beginning, it just makes me think of Galaxy Quest haha, it's so sad.

Johnathan Frakes looks like a comic book shop owner.

Wilhelm
05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Haha, LeVar is good at skipping.

Wesley is wearing a jacket like the one worn by The Prisoner.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/tp.jpg

Is that a subtle, "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave." comment on how he's in a prison made of Star Trek?

Wilhelm
05-03-2012, 07:41 PM
It's been a long road

Get'n from there to here
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near

I will see my dreams come alive at last
I will touch the sky
And they're not gonna hold me down no more
No they're not gonna change my mind

'Cause I've got faith of the heart
I'm going where my heart will take me
I've got faith to believe
I can do anything
I've got strength of the soul
No one's going to bend nor break me
I can reach any star
I've got faith
I've got faith
Faith of the heart

lol

Mee
05-04-2012, 12:44 AM
It's like a chick flick, as a song

How are you liking Enterprise? I could never get into it. The only character I really liked was Trip, sometimes the British guy. The Andorian captain is good too when he shows up.

Wilhelm
05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Mmm, you can tell they meant well, but it feels like, "Does this need to be on TV? Would it suck if this had never been made? No."
Would it suck if Star Trek, Next Generation, DS9 or Voyager were never made? Yes, very much. How many gifs would Internet lose?

In the first episodes, I could not get into the vibe, 'cause it seemed like it was directed at women. The dudes were taking off their shirts whenever possible. They even did close ups, scanning the contours of their muscly torsos. I had just come off of Voyager, where I was in love with Janeway (if her hair wasn't in a bun), and 7of9, who totally won me over with her acting, despite her weird fish face, (Also her impossibly perfect body helped), and B'Elanna, who is cute, and Kes, who is annoying but it'd be great to sexually defile her.

In Enterprise, you've got this Asian chick who is a prissy wuss who is otherwise okay, not unwatchable, not compelling...but then the Vulcan chick is horrible. Why didn't anyone ever bring it up?! She Lip-Freaks after almost every line of dialogue. It's madness. She got lop-sided lip injections, and then, with her already bloated and misshapen lips, she Lip-Freaks whenever she stops speaking!
And then, what other hot chicks do we have?
Oh, sorry. That's all you get.

Well, in original Star Trek, you rarely saw much of Uhura or the hot blonde secretaries who handed Kirk his coffee and tablet so he could sign digital paperwork...but nearly every time they went to a planet, it was to meet a classic, wicked-attractive iconic chick of the 60's...and then show-wise, it was mostly dudes...like Enterprise. But it was dudes with must-watch personalities.

In Enterprise,

- Bakula is too famous. I just see Quantum Leap guy working at a new job, not "The Captain". He's not bad, but when he's good, it's just like, "Oh, Scott Bakula is a very professional actor." And his emotions are pretty much boiled down to:
- Squint
- Confused Squint
- "Stand up straight. This is a Historic Moment." - Stately
And his signature thing appears to be, allowing himself to get beaten up to buy time for others to save the day, which was awesome the first time I saw it, and then the second time, I'm like, "Is this dude a masochist? :crazy:"

- Then, Trip is the young George W. Bush, and I can't stand GWB, so it's difficult. He is like the down-to-Earth Han Solo of the show, so I like him, but, not enough to put him next to the Jean Luc tattoo on my back.

- Then, it's weird with the British guy. the episodes go.
Hate him.
He's cool.
Hate Him.
He's cool.
Hate him.

And they should have written him out of a few scenes, 'cause he is the worst actor I've ever seen on TV, for playing sick, or drunk. Holy fuck he starts acting like a 5 year old trying to pretend to be drunk. The worst I've ever seen. (And I've seen the Bob Newhart where they all get drunk, several times.) Really embarrassingly bad.

- The fat doctor is fat, but it is pretty amazing how well they rode the line between annoying and interesting, 'cause he's annoying, but I look forward to his scenes. Before I saw the show I thought he was just the grittier, darker 2000's re-imagining of Neelix, so, at least he's not Neelix.

- The Black guy is shit. It's like they got a strong-willed, cocky, snarky captain, and then they got a strong-willed, cocky, snarky engineer, and then they got a strong-willed, cocky, snarky security officer, and then they went, "Oh, shit! We have to have a Black guy." and someone said, "Oh, yeah...well, how about this strong-willed, cocky, snarky Black ensign." and someone said, "Guys, guys, we already have too many strong-willed, cocky, snarky guys." and then someone said, "Hey, I know. Go opposite. Make him simple and smiley and sunshiney, like one of the kids on Barney the Big Purple Dinosaur." , "YeAH! Opposite."
He sucks and I feel sorry for him, the lines they made him say. :( The writers fucked him.

There's a weird inconsistency. Some episodes are epic and gorgeous and I'm like, "Whoa, they finally figured out how to do Star Trek justice on the small screen. Sweet." and then there's a howlingly derivative, boring one where they go to a planet that looks like a park in California and at the end of the story you're like, "That....was, the story, you guys went with. :ugh: Yeah, I remember that story, from Buck Rogers in 1982, and Battlestar Galactica in 1979, and Space:1999, etc. etc."

I don't hate it though. And I have been impressed with the way they remembered to include details to show that Federation ways have not been established yet...like, people were on a planet and British guy was all wringing his hands worried about them and Hoshi goes, "Gawd :rolleyes: They don't have to check in every 15 minutes." and British guy goes, "Maybe they should." and, every show has to figure out how they'll keep the powerful transporter technology from ending the show after only 10 minutes.
In Voyager, Harry should have just held a sign up saying "Transporter won't work so don't ask. :ugh:".
Always, "They're too deep underground." "They're jamming our signal." "There's too much interference." "There's not enough power."
I like how in this, they have it but try not to use it 'cause, they're scared to use it, heh.
And they met the Ferengi and defeated them and then said, "I don't wanna see you guys within 100 light years of our ships from now on." heh, cute.

Anyway, it is my least favorite Star Trek but I'll watch all of them.

Wilhelm
05-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Drinking Game: Take a swig every time you read the word "like" in th^t post.

Mee
05-05-2012, 02:23 AM
Hah, you nailed Bakula's Archer. Though, you left out "squinty smile." What's up with his water polo obsession? Who really likes water polo? The black guy is totally useless. You just know that a black man is the pilot, he doesn't do anything.

Brace yourself for all of the Temporal Cold War time travel crap. Going back in time and fighting alien Nazis, you really feel like "haven't I seen this episode in every other Star Trek already?"

Mee
05-05-2012, 02:34 AM
Oh! And the forced series finale with old Troi and old/fat Riker, supposed to be in Enterprise D era, that's good for some laughs. There's one part of it that made me mad, horrible thing the writers did, but I won't spoil it.

Mee
06-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Look at Shatner, the jolly lard, Patrick Stewart showing him how to age with dignity. Avery Brooks looks like the smoothest talking grandpa around, Janeway looks like a snobby Anthropology professor, and Bakula is just happy to be invited. Nice mom haircut.

http://cdn.bleedingcool.net/wp-content/uploads//2012/06/DSC00061_a-LO.jpg?d58414

Lackey
06-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Sisko looks like he has cancer and he's slowly wasting away... basically the opposite of Shatner

Mee
06-06-2012, 09:54 PM
Shatner is feeding off his life force.

Les Groper
06-12-2012, 02:17 AM
Beamed up, indeed
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/24/showbiz/spacex-scottys-ashes/index.html?iref=obnetwork

Movies205
06-25-2012, 04:25 AM
So I started watching The Original Series on Netflix because I've never really watched the Star Trek TV shows outside of Voyager and Enterprise (this is due because these were the shows that were ongoing when I was a kid). I just finished episode 6 and I can see why this started such a phenomenon. AWESOME is all I can say. It's also fun watching it after watching the original pilot first. I've read a couple of people say the original pilot was more cerebral and all I have to say is... BORING. Even Leonard Nimoy is super boring in the original pilot. However, after getting through the pilot... I love it.

William Shatner is the perfect blend of intellect, boldness, and sheer kick-assery. The constant clash between Bones and Spock. Sulu's adventurous spirit and Scotty's attitude. Fucking great. On to Ep 7: Mudd's Women.

Hudson
06-25-2012, 10:28 AM
I never understood.. where is the military in Star Trek:huh:

Movies205
06-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I never understood.. where is the military in Star Trek:huh:

Isn't Captain Kirk and his crew the military? They all have weapons and combat training so I just assumed they were the military?

Hudson
06-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Isn't Captain Kirk and his crew the military? They all have weapons and combat training so I just assumed they were the military?

doesn't seem they have that much military training, also why would the Captain beam down with the ground team instead of sending combat Specialists like Enterprise Stationed Marines or SEALs in SPACE.

zyzyphus
06-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Because it's a tv show and Kirk is the star.

Movies205
06-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Rewriting this post.

Mee
06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Yeah Starfleet is basically the military. The security officers more so than any of the rest. Kirk beams down to planets cause he's Kirk, but Picard usually didn't, Janeway didn't, Starfleet has some rule about it, that captains aren't really supposed to go with away teams (with exceptions for certain situations, like diplomacy). I can't remember if that was ever brought up in TOS, maybe they didn't have it yet, but Kirk was always breaking rules anyway.

:nerd alert:

Movies205
06-25-2012, 01:44 PM
The crew of the Enterprise has to have combat training because if they didn’t, then they all wouldn’t be equipped with phasers. Guns aren’t given to people that aren’t trained to use them and that would constitute as some type of weapons training. I also have to assume that all Star Fleet officers are trained in combat and other military-type scenarios. In Episode 5, “The Enemy Within”, Sulu and some other crew members are trapped on a planet where the temperature is well below freezing. Captain Kirk tells him to remember his survival training, which indicates that Star Fleet trains their officers and doesn’t just send them up into space unprepared for this kind of thing.

However, more to your point on why we never see an actual marine/highly trained military unit on the Enterprise. My thought is that this has to do with Roddenbury’s utopian world view and is in keeping with the idealized world that is Trek. Also keep in mind that TOS came out in the late 60s, which was the height of the cold war. This is 20 years after the end of WWII and what had emerged was a completely new playing field for international relations. Huge wars were no longer an option, but rather everything was now handled through pain-staking diplomacy because the costs of wars were now too high. The world had become too independent and, colonialism was now an outdated model. Coming out of that era, I could see how one could possibly extrapolate in the future that we'd eventually get passed militaries/individual governments and in time we’d become a utopia.

With all that said, I don't think the Federation's goal has ever been to subjugate alien civilizations or to engage in wars because there is so little to be gained. Remember that in the Trek Universe technology has gotten to a point where there is no need for war or conquest because they have unlimited resources. The Federation can therefore use their technology and resources as leverage when negotiating with alien civilizations so as to negate any possibility of war ever breaking out. The only reason for war or conquest would be primarily out of either paranoia/xenophobia (Klingons) or national pride/ego (Cardassians). So with that logic, is there a need for a huge military complex? Granted this is incredibly idealistic, which is why I’d argue that TNG and especially Deep Space Nine seem to push this model a great deal, but as far as TOS is concerned, it would seem that science and military are considered to be one effective unit. Science Starships are armed with weapons and the crew is trained for combat situations if they arise, but there primary goal is science. I’d even bet that I mean there is probably a military reserve stored somewhere in the Federation for extreme situations.

So the Enterprise with a minimal amount of military training coupled with being charged with upholding Federation laws is what ultimately serves the purposes of humanity. This works because humanity's one goal now is expanding its knowledge of the unknown. This is my take on it at least. That or the writers didn't think about it or didn't feel like addressing it. I'm extrapolating this all from the six or seven episodes I've seen of TOS, various episodes of the other series, and the movies so I may go back and revise some of these opinions later.

Movies205
06-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah Starfleet is basically the military. The security officers more so than any of the rest. Kirk beams down to planets cause he's Kirk, but Picard usually didn't, Janeway didn't, Starfleet has some rule about it, that captains aren't really supposed to go with away teams (with exceptions for certain situations, like diplomacy). I can't remember if that was ever brought up in TOS, maybe they didn't have it yet, but Kirk was always breaking rules anyway.

:nerd alert:

What confuses me is that I remember in Voyager that at one point they (I forget who in the show) states that Voyager is primarily a science vessel. The distinction seemingly being that it was different from the Enterprise ships. Am I completely making this up or is there some distinction between Voyager and the Enterprises?

zyzyphus
06-25-2012, 01:53 PM
From what I remember, most star ships are considered science/exploration in some form or another. The Enterprise leans more toward the exploration and diplomacy side, seeking new life and new civilizations, while Voyager was more of a "Let's study that nebula" kind of science ship.

Movies205
06-25-2012, 01:56 PM
From what I remember, most star ships are considered science/exploration in some form or another. The Enterprise leans more toward the exploration and diplomacy side, seeking new life and new civilizations, while Voyager was more of a "Let's study that nebula" kind of science ship.

Ah.

I plan on watching all of the Star Trek series... I'm unsure about Enterprise. I remember not hating it when it was original on, but at the same time, not really caring either. I'm most excited to get into some DS9.

zyzyphus
06-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I never finished Enterprise. I didn't really care about any of the characters. But as bad and rushed as the finale was, the last 30 seconds gave me nerd chills. DS9 is probably the best, but TNG will always be my favorite.

Fun fact, Paris in Voyager was originally supposed to be the character the actor played from the TNG episode where Wesley and his classmates are responsible for the death of a student.

Hudson
06-25-2012, 03:35 PM
The crew of the Enterprise has to have combat training because if they didn’t, then they all wouldn’t be equipped with phasers. Guns aren’t given to people that aren’t trained to use them and that would constitute as some type of weapons training. I also have to assume that all Star Fleet officers are trained in combat and other military-type scenarios. In Episode 5, “The Enemy Within”, Sulu and some other crew members are trapped on a planet where the temperature is well below freezing. Captain Kirk tells him to remember his survival training, which indicates that Star Fleet trains their officers and doesn’t just send them up into space unprepared for this kind of thing.

However, more to your point on why we never see an actual marine/highly trained military unit on the Enterprise. My thought is that this has to do with Roddenbury’s utopian world view and is in keeping with the idealized world that is Trek. Also keep in mind that TOS came out in the late 60s, which was the height of the cold war. This is 20 years after the end of WWII and what had emerged was a completely new playing field for international relations. Huge wars were no longer an option, but rather everything was now handled through pain-staking diplomacy because the costs of wars were now too high. The world had become too independent and, colonialism was now an outdated model. Coming out of that era, I could see how one could possibly extrapolate in the future that we'd eventually get passed militaries/individual governments and in time we’d become a utopia.

With all that said, I don't think the Federation's goal has ever been to subjugate alien civilizations or to engage in wars because there is so little to be gained. Remember that in the Trek Universe technology has gotten to a point where there is no need for war or conquest because they have unlimited resources. The Federation can therefore use their technology and resources as leverage when negotiating with alien civilizations so as to negate any possibility of war ever breaking out. The only reason for war or conquest would be primarily out of either paranoia/xenophobia (Klingons) or national pride/ego (Cardassians). So with that logic, is there a need for a huge military complex? Granted this is incredibly idealistic, which is why I’d argue that TNG and especially Deep Space Nine seem to push this model a great deal, but as far as TOS is concerned, it would seem that science and military are considered to be one effective unit. Science Starships are armed with weapons and the crew is trained for combat situations if they arise, but there primary goal is science. I’d even bet that I mean there is probably a military reserve stored somewhere in the Federation for extreme situations.

So the Enterprise with a minimal amount of military training coupled with being charged with upholding Federation laws is what ultimately serves the purposes of humanity. This works because humanity's one goal now is expanding its knowledge of the unknown. This is my take on it at least. That or the writers didn't think about it or didn't feel like addressing it. I'm extrapolating this all from the six or seven episodes I've seen of TOS, various episodes of the other series, and the movies so I may go back and revise some of these opinions later.

probably the reason I never liked Star Trek then. Very interesting post, Eric!

Movies205
06-25-2012, 03:36 PM
probably the reason I never liked Star Trek then. Very interesting post, Eric!

That's why we have BSG :inlove:

I hear good things about Babylon 5. Another series to watch when I get some time.

Mee
06-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Deep Space Nine has the most focus on the military side of Starfleet, the Defiant is a ship built almost exclusively for combat. Then of course once they get into the Dominion War things get really military heavy. You should check out the episode "Siege of AR-558" Hudson. :up:

DS9 really gets away from the usual Star Trek tone of the happy utopian explorers.

Lackey
06-25-2012, 04:34 PM
I started watching Babylon 5 and I didn't last long... I'm sure it's a great story, but it's unwatchable to me.

tiny white penis
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM

Post of the year.

tiny white penis
06-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Also Hudson screw you and your "must have MILITARY/MARINES" crap. You are the reason so many big budget movies and videogames suck ass nowadays.

I hate that shit.

Movies205
06-25-2012, 04:53 PM
Also Hudson screw you and your "must have MILITARY/MARINES" crap. You are the reason so many big budget movies and videogames suck ass nowadays.

I hate that shit.

Whoa there Johnny. The issue more is that there isn't an appreciation for a diversity of tastes. It's like with Batman and how people think the only good batman is dark and brooding batman. When in fact there were and are multiple interpretations of the Bat. In this case, it has to do with the fact that the assumption that "gritty" is the best way, but it's merely a trend of our times.

There's nothing wrong with Hudson liking grittier* science fiction. It's only a problem when the market place offers only gritty science fiction. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

(*I shy away from the word realistic because I don't believe that's an accurate term)

Movies205
06-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Post of the year.

It started with Krull and has move to Trek. I now once again have an urge to actually write up my long thoughts and ideas :inlove:

tiny white penis
06-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Whoa there Johnny. The issue more is that there isn't an appreciation for a diversity of tastes. It's like with Batman and how people think the only good batman is dark and brooding batman. When in fact there were and are multiple interpretations of the Bat. In this case, it has to do with the fact that the assumption that "gritty" is the best way, but it's merely a trend of our times.

There's nothing wrong with Hudson liking grittier* science fiction. It's only a problem when the market place offers only gritty science fiction. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

(*I shy away from the word realistic because I don't believe that's an accurate term)I guess you're right. I don't see all the military scifi that dominates the market nowadays as gritty though.

Movies205
06-25-2012, 05:07 PM
I guess you're right. I don't see all the military scifi that dominates the market nowadays as gritty though.

I had a similar thought, but that becomes a bit of semantics. People don't seem to want idealized things that think of a better world. I think part of it might be that we've lost hope. That was going to be another paragraph in that last post, which is that the end of the cold war didn't lead to a better world, but rather more of the same. There doesn't seem to be light at the end.

Daisy
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM
It started with Krull and has move to Trek. I now once again have an urge to actually write up my long thoughts and ideas :inlove:

Glad to see it. :)

Hudson
06-25-2012, 11:02 PM

I hate that shit.

there's a difference between liking military scifi and the dudebros of the current video game and movies. I am just much more interested in darker themes than an Utopian universe can offer me. It's not like I demand Star trek to have chainsaw bayonets.:rolleyes:

tiny white penis
06-26-2012, 03:16 PM
there's a difference between liking military scifi and the dudebros of the current video game and movies. I am just much more interested in darker themes than an Utopian universe can offer me. It's not like I demand Star trek to have chainsaw bayonets.:rolleyes:

Ok cool.

But still, no Military/marines in Star Trek. For the reasons Movies listed.

Mee
06-26-2012, 03:17 PM
But they do still have a CIA type thing, with Section 31.

Movies205
06-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Watched "What Are Little Girls Made Of?", it may be my favorite episode thus far. So many lovely ideas presented in the episode such as the need to find a colony to infiltrate with androids as to "not cause hysteria." The end question of is Dr. Roger Korby the same Roger Korby now that he's an android.

It also had this guy:

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/8/8f/Ruk_destruction.jpg

Ruk got played so hard in this episode. And it also has Spock actually offended by a racial epithet!

Movies205
06-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Glad to see it. :)

Finished with the M.F.A.... Would you look at that... sunshine and free time! Whooo.

Movies205
06-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Just bought tickets to this:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/02/star-trek-the-next-generation-is-beaming-to-theaters

AMC Empire 25 for the NYC DKBers...

Hudson
06-27-2012, 04:04 PM
It also had this guy:

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/8/8f/Ruk_destruction.jpg

For a second there I thought, "What is Destro doing in this thread."

Movies205
06-28-2012, 09:55 PM
So this is my ranking thus far:

What Are Little Girls Made Of?
Dagger of the Mind
Mudd's Women
Where No Man Has Gone Before
The Corbomite Maneuver
The Naked Time
Charlie X
The Enemy Within
Miri
The Man Trap
Cage

What Are Little Girls Made Of is perhaps my favorite because even though you see the reveal coming almost a mile away, it's such a wonderfully chilling ending. I love how much Kirk is fucked with in Dagger of the Mind. Mudd's Women is a total guilty pleasure. It's silly, but Mudd is delightful and seeing Kirk deal with him is funny. Miri and the Enemy Within just seem sort of silly to me. I liked the episodes, but when compare to the others... You stumble upon an Earth that is exactly the same as ours? Really? There's some kind of weird property on the planet that beams up two Kirks. So far there hasn't been an episode that I haven't liked.

Movies205
06-29-2012, 03:20 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/Movies205/wecool5.gif

Movies205
06-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Got to the episode where it's the 1920's. Very excited.

I still haven't hit this point :(

Wilhelm
06-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Fuck is this shit like you guys have never seen fucking Star Trek?!
In what Dickensian Nightmare Orphanage were you raised where you never saw Star Trek?!?

Mee
06-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Yeah, even I was watching TOS at like, age 8. :huh:

Wilhelm
06-29-2012, 05:27 PM
And my axe. You need to be watching Star Trek on TV on weekend afternoons from ages 3/4 to 12, at least. :huh:

Next Project: Watch M.A.S.H. :huh:

Lackey
06-29-2012, 06:15 PM
as a kid, when I heard the MASH theme and saw those helicopters, I knew there was nothing fun on TV anymore and it was time to go play outside :shrug:

Wilhelm
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
How fun it was all depended on if you were in a Frank Burns/Trapper/Radar/Henry Blake mood or a Charles Emerson Winchester III/Blow Job Hunnicutt/Klinger/Potter mood, and if it was an episode you'd seen 800 times or only 100 times, for me.

...or if it was the dream one where Hawkeye sees the limbs floating in the pond, or the mockumentary one or the one where Margaret Houlihan keeps hitting on the guy who can't fuck her because of a war injury or later, if it was "It wasn't a ChIckEn!! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/HYPE/verysadgm0.gif It Was a BAby!! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/HYPE/verysadgm0.gif It Was A BaBy!! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/HYPE/verysadgm0.gif".

Hudson
06-29-2012, 07:44 PM
How fun it was all depended on if you were in a Frank Burns/Trapper/Radar/Henry Blake mood or a Charles Emerson Winchester III/Blow Job Hunnicutt/Klinger/Potter mood, and if it was an episode you'd seen 800 times or only 100 times, for me.

...or if it was the dream one where Hawkeye sees the limbs floating in the pond, or the mockumentary one or the one where Margaret Houlihan keeps hitting on the guy who can't fuck her because of a war injury or later, if it was "It wasn't a ChIckEn!! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/HYPE/verysadgm0.gif It Was a BAby!! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/HYPE/verysadgm0.gif It Was A BaBy!! http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/Wilhelm-Scream/HYPE/verysadgm0.gif".

Laugh track or nor Laugh track, Wilhelm?

Wilhelm
06-29-2012, 07:51 PM
that too

My like for the dream episode, the mockumentary episode, the dick-blown-off episode and the "Hawkeye breaks down because a lady killed her own baby." episode would seem to indicate a preference for nor Laugh Track though.

Les Groper
06-30-2012, 06:16 AM
And my axe

Ha

Lackey
07-03-2012, 04:54 AM
http://roflrazzi.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/sci-fi-fantasy-seat-belts-and-air-bags-apparently-lost-technologies.jpg

Wilhelm
07-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Haha, totally. Related thing, in every fucking show, with expert wiring and knowledge of electronics, you can make it so that when the hind end of your ship gets hit, your monitors and panels in the bridge don't explode the fuck everywhere. Ideally, they'd just go blank. They need visual drama, so the fucking machines they use to monitor things, are somehow linked to the things they monitor, so when the engine blows up, the litle screen that monitors the condition of the engines, goes, "This is how the engines are right now: " and then blows the fuck up, frying the faces off crew members on multiple occasions. Haha, so retarded.

Mee
07-09-2012, 04:08 PM
I've been thinking recently, what if after the current series of movies, they continued the alternate timeline into a series of TNG movies?

There wouldn't be a need to then go on to DS9 or Voyager (maybe cameos? Enterprise D stops at DS9?) cause re-doing the entire franchise would be stupid, but a more action/adventure oriented TNG could be cool.

Mee
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Ralph Fiennes as Picard, Idris Elba as Worf, Michael Cera as Wesley...

Wilhelm
07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Ralph Fiennes as PicardThat'll happen. Take it to the bank.

zyzyphus
07-09-2012, 04:36 PM
Donald Glover as a fresh out of Starfleet academy Geordi LaForge!

Mee
07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
That'll happen. Take it to the bank.

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMzc5MjE1NDgyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg2ODgwNA@@._ V1._SY314_CR13,0,214,314_.jpg

Mee
08-13-2012, 03:48 AM
Star Trek Continues

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/08/12/weekend-viewing-first-scenes-from-very-polished-fan-series-star-trek-continues/

The sets look great, looks like they're playing up the camp, could be fun to watch.

Sandman
08-24-2012, 12:59 AM
So because of Wilhelm's manifesto, I gave Voyager a chance. He was right, the characters are really compelling and the dynamics between them are super fun to watch. I'm digging it.

Daisy
08-24-2012, 01:02 AM
yay

Mee
08-24-2012, 01:44 AM
I gave Voyager a chance. the characters are really compelling

whaaaat

Wilhelm
08-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Nearing the end of Enterprise...it's sad 'cause the writing picked up tons near the end.
The way they explain why Klingons in Kirk/Spock Star Trek, have no ridges, was awesome. They made it feel like it was planned out that way in the 60's. heh

I think the problem was whoever cast it.

Star Trek - impossibly perfect cast
TNG - impossibly perfect cast
DS9 - impossibly perfect cast
Voyager - impossibly perfect cast

Enterprise - Jeffrey Combs as Shran was impossibly perfect. John Billingsley was impossibly perfect at being gross. That's about it.

Also it was too much a product of a freshly post-9/11 world. Every other episode is basically about the post-9/11 world.

But from the end of the Xindi thing to the 2nd to last episode, it was way better than I thought it'd be.

Last episode is the worst last episode ever, haha.

"Omg, we're saying goodbye to the crew of the first Enterprise. What's the best way to do it?"
"Well, Jonathan Frakes is practically obese now...maaybe...show him cooking on the holodeck, for half an hour? ...while, holograms of the Enterprise crew go on yer average Wednesday B story adventure?"
"YEAH!, but, the b story adventure is really boring. :("
"Oh, I know! Uhh...kill someone! :eek:"
"All RIGHT! :eek:"

Dude, speaking of the cast, I just saw an old Paramount memo from when they were casting TNG.

Yaphet Kotto was up for Picard.
Denise Crosby - Troi :huh:
Bunty Bailey - Tasha..........Who names their kid "Bunty"?
WESLEY SNIPES - Geordi?!
Brent Spiner was not even on the short list for Data. We would have no Spiner Femmes today.

And Beverly Crusher? Jenny Agutter...would have been so much hotter.

Les Groper
08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Aw, we missed out on Wesley Snipes Geordi
http://blastr.com/assets_c/2010/08/wesleysnipes-thumb-550x450-45548.jpg

Then they could have cast LeVar Burton as Blade:eek:

Wilhelm
08-27-2012, 07:13 PM
I. would. kill. to see. LeVar. Burton, as Blade.